The Believe in Shipley mission week will take place next year between 25th September and 2nd October. The week will provide a focus for events organised under the banner of Shipley Christians Together and also for more local events run by individual church fellowships in the Shipley area.
Let’s continue to praise God for what has happened so far:
- The growing sense of unity amongst our local church leaders. This has been strengthened by the weekly prayer meetings which now have been running for over 7 months.
- An excitement and creativity amongst our local fellowships as we plan for what we can do both in the run up to the mission and during the week itself
- The support of local organisations, including Victoria Hall, Costa’s and Bradford Brewery.
- The commitment of Archbishop Sentamu as a main event speaker.
- The creation of a website and the ongoing input of someone to this.
- Bishop Toby’s commitment to Believe in Shipley.
- Financial contributions from several churches to help to cover the costs of the mission.
- The provision of people to work on administration and publicity
There is of course much still to pray for:
- That God would be working in the lives of the people of our local community making them more hungry for relationship with Him
- More initiatives prior to Believe in Shipley to serve our local community and shift perspectives on church and faith
- More prayer from us both as individuals and fellowships
- Wisdom and continued energy for the steering group as they make decisions on the use of venues and resources; they are also deciding about timetabling events and speakers and the many other things needed to make the week a success.
- Discernment for us all as we consider how to witness to friends and family, particularly if they are from other faith backgrounds.
- Appropriate follow up after the mission week.
Let’s all listen to God’s heart for Shipley and perhaps find new ways to pray individually and corporately for the success of Believe in Shipley. Do also talk to your church leaders if you want to help in specific ways.