August 17, 2016 BELIEVE IN SHIPLEY PRAYER FOCUS SEPTEMBER 2016
The Believe in Shipley mission festival will take place between 23rd September and 2nd October. The week will provide a focus for events organised under the banner of Shipley Christians Together and also for more local events run by individual church fellowships in the Shipley area.
Less than 40 days to go until Believe in Shipley! It’s exciting but also daunting as we think of practical things that still need to be done and also wonder about who we will invite to the many events that are happening organized by our own congregations or centrally.
LET’S GIVE THANKS FOR ALL THAT GOD HAS DONE SO FAR:
- For prayers answered about venues (doors literally being opened to us) and people (often the people who are the doorkeepers!)
- For the improved health of those on the Steering Group, particularly Malcolm and Caroline
- For the many people who are coming from outside Shipley to support what we are doing.
- For the creativity and energy of individuals who have come forward to organize specific events like the Big Picnic
- People coming on board to help with publicity and communications
- The increased sense of unity and purpose amongst our church leaders
- Relationships being built with church leaders who have in the past been “on the fringe”
LET’S PRAY FOR ALL THAT STILL NEEDS TO HAPPEN:
- For a strong move of God amongst us His people leading us to greater brokenness for the lost and an increased desire for holiness and to see God’s Kingdom here amongst us in Shipley.
- Those around us living lives comfortable in their ignoring God to be disturbed so as to become aware of the “God-shaped hole” inside.
- For final arrangements to be made for the Big Purple Bus and for activities on the first Saturday.
- The publication of the brochure detailing all the events going on during the festival.
- For more workers to help with the Big Picnic and for a venue for preparing food beforehand.
LET’S PRAY FOR ONE PERSON:
- Ask God to lay one person on your heart if He has not already done so that you will commit to praying for and inviting to at least one event during the Mission period. Pray that God will give you a greater love and compassion for this person and for opportunities to talk with them more about your faith.
OPPORTUNITIES TO PRAY MORE:
- Sign up to the Neighbourhood Prayer Network newsletter for prompts and encouragement to pray for the people on your street weekly. (Please let Angus know if you have done this!)
- Go to your fellowship’s Prayer meeting(s)
- Go to the “Pray for Shipley” meetings. These are held monthly in various people’s houses around Shipley. The next meeting is on 27th September at 12pm and will be a prayer walk starting from Shipley Market Square.
- For more information about the events during Believe in Shipley and the specific needs visit the Believe in Shipley website.
“Dear God, Your Kingdom come in Shipley before, during and after Believe in Shipley. Help us to work alongside you in this great work. Give us all Your vision for transformed lives and communities”